Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2009, week 2)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 8 Mar 2009 23:35:36 -0700
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Daniel Nordlund <djnordlund@VERIZON.NET>
Subject:      Re: ERROR: ORACLE prepare error: ORA-24333

> -----Original Message----- > From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On > Behalf Of Harry > Sent: Sunday, March 08, 2009 10:58 PM > To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU > Subject: ERROR: ORACLE prepare error: ORA-24333 > > I get an error when I run the below SAS code > > > data _null_; > proc sql ; > connect to oracle (user= &userid > password= "&orapass" path= &ora_path ) ; > select * from connection to oracle > (EXEC(EXEC DI_PROC_IMP_RESULT_UPDATE) BY > ORACLE); > disconnect from oracle ; > quit; > run; > > > ERROR: ORACLE prepare error: ORA-24333: zero iteration count. SQL > statement: EXEC(EXEC DI_PROC_IMP_RESULT_UPDATE) BY ORACLE.

I see a couple of things that I don't understand. First, there is no need for the DATA _NULL_ ; proc sql runs on it's own, no need for a data step. Second, I am not sure what the rest of the sql query is trying to do. Is DI_PROC_IMP_RESULT_UPDATE a stored procedure? What is the purpose of the double EXEC? If you are trying to execute a procedure in Oracle using pass-through, why are you using "select * from connection to oracle(" which suggests that you are trying to return some results to SAS, but not store them in a dataset. So, can you write back to SAS-L and describe what it is you are trying to accomplish? I am sure that once we know what it is you want to do that you will receive some useful advice.

Dan

Daniel Nordlund Bothell, WA USA