Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2009, week 3)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 17 Mar 2009 20:02:32 -0400
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Arthur Tabachneck <art297@NETSCAPE.NET>
Subject:      Re: Delete Duplicated Records based on multiple columes, Thanks!
Comments: To: nancy0318@GMAIL.COM

Nancy,

I don't think there is a perfect solution, as too much could have gone wrong with your data.

One possibility might be to pre-process your data, like:

proc sort data=have; by last_name first_name birthday descending collected_day result_lab lab_number; run;

data want (drop=in_:); set have (ren=(address=in_address city=in_city state=in_state)); by last_name first_name birthday; retain address city state; if first.birthday then do; call missing(address); call missing(city); call missing(state); end; if missing(address) then address=in_address; if missing(city) then address=in_address; if missing(state) then state=in_state; run;

data want; set want; by last_name first_name birthday collected_day result_lab lab_number; if last.lab_number then output; run;