Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2009, week 3)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 17 Mar 2009 13:40:47 -0500
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         "./ ADD NAME=Data _null_;" <iebupdte@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: how to substitute a missing value with previous record?
Comments: To: "Nordlund, Dan (DSHS/RDA)" <NordlDJ@dshs.wa.gov>

V9 not that many years.

On 3/17/09, Nordlund, Dan (DSHS/RDA) <NordlDJ@dshs.wa.gov> wrote: > > -----Original Message----- > > From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of > > Peter Crawford > > Sent: Tuesday, March 17, 2009 10:54 AM > > To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU > > Subject: Re: how to substitute a missing value with previous record? > > > > i like the smallest. > > data better ; > > drop previous; > > previous = value ; > > set original ; > > value= coalesce( value, previous); > > run; > > > > > Peter, > > That is a nice solution. Is coalesce() relatively new to the data step (I have used it in proc sql), or have I just been woefully unaware all these years? > > Dan > > Daniel J. Nordlund > Washington State Department of Social and Health Services > Planning, Performance, and Accountability > Research and Data Analysis Division > Olympia, WA 98504-5204 >