Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2009, week 2)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Sat, 11 Apr 2009 13:33:00 -0400
Sender:   "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:   Terry He <he.terry@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:   How to download a list of zip file from server to my laptop

Deal _all_

I am trying to download several files in one folder on the server to my own laptop.

I know I can use ftp software. When the files have been created, than I can use it. The problem is that the sas code is still running and the files haven't been created. When the files has been created, I need to compress it and then downlaod it. I am using the following code to do that.

data server.a; b=1; run;

data _null_; i = 0; dsname = "server.a"; do until(i>120 or exist(dsname,"data")); a = sleep(10); i+1; end; run;

x "compress a.sas7bdat";

data _null_; a=sleep(15); run;

proc download in=server out=laptop; select a; run;

The problem is that the last downlaod procedure works well if the file is not compressed. It doesn;t work if the file is compressed. Could I use some procedure like proc ftp?

Any suggestions?

Thanks