Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2009, week 2)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Sun, 12 Apr 2009 00:27:19 -0400
Sender:   "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:   Terry He <he.terry@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:   Kill the sas program if it runs too long

Dear All,

I am running a program which takes a long time. Could I calculate how long the sas has run this program so far. We can know that from log file.

The problem is that: If the sas program runs more than 12 hours, I need to kill this program. Therefore the problem is that I need to ask sas to calculate how long this program has been running and kill it automatically if it's over 12 hours.

Could someone provide some sample code?

Thanks a lot!