Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2009, week 2)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 8 Apr 2009 13:14:08 -0400
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Dave Brewer <david.brewer@UC.EDU>
Subject:      How to read a value coming in as Oct 3, 2007 and create a SAS date

Hi,

I am processing a csv file and need to know if there is an informat to process a variable containing values "Oct 3, 2007", "Sep 25, 2007", etc. (quotes are not part of the data. I need to create a SAS date from this value.

I suppose I can read the data in as a $11 and parse it. If I did that, how would I create a SAS date when the month is not a number (Oct as opposed to 10)?

Thanks for your help. Dave