Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2009, week 4)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Mon, 27 Apr 2009 23:32:53 +0800
Sender:   "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:   Murphy Choy <goladin@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:   Re: Regression tree in SAS?
Comments:   To: hua gang <hg448@YAHOO.COM>

Hi Hua,

I am afraid that there are no such available packages in SAS.

If you have the money, please try to get SAS EM.

If not, I believe you can attempt to write a macro that emulates CART.

Alternatively, you can look into Treedisc Macro written a long time ago for CHAID. This macro requires SAS/IML.

-- Regards, Murphy Choy

Certified Advanced Programmer for SAS V9 Certified Basic Programmer for SAS V9 DataShaping Certified SAS Professional

-----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of hua gang Sent: Monday, April 27, 2009 10:50 PM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Regression tree in SAS?

Does SAS have a procedure for “classification and regression tree or recursive portioning analysis”. I noticed SAS has a TREE procedure as part of cluster analysis, which is not what I am talking about here.

Thank you very much for your insight!

Hua