Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2009, week 4)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 22 Apr 2009 12:51:31 -0400
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Michael Bryce Herrington <mherrin@G.CLEMSON.EDU>
Subject:      Purse Index

So I read some of the 'Guidence on question posting' emails going around and figured I should add some more information to my previous question.

here is a bit of sample data:

*

data* sample;

input track $ track1 $ purse purse1;

datalines;

AP AP 10000 12000

AP HAW 8000 7500

AP CD 10000 8000

BEU AP 5000 6000

BEU CD 7000 7500

CD BEU 12000 15000

CD AP 15000 10000

; *

run*; *

data* sample;

set sample;

ap=*28*;

haw=*20*;

cd=*41*;

beu=*4*; *

run*;

Now I would like to make a variable purseindex that is equal to the value for track1 divided by the value of track. So we would have another variable and our data set would look like this:

*

data* sample;

input track $ track1 $ purse purse1 purseindex;

datalines;

AP AP 10000 12000 1

AP HAW 8000 7500 0.714

AP CD 10000 8000 1.464

BEU AP 5000 6000 7

BEU CD 7000 7500 10.25

CD BEU 12000 15000 .0975

CD AP 15000 10000 0.6829

; *

run*;

I was hoping we could do something like

PurseIndex=track1/track;

And have track1 resolve to (for example) AP which resolves to 28.

Thanks,

-- Bryce Herrington Clemson University 111 Briar Lane Central, SC 29630 mherrin@g.clemson.edu (863) 258-4758