Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2009, week 1)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Wed, 6 May 2009 08:16:08 -0700
Sender:   "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:   Jack Hamilton <jfh@STANFORDALUMNI.ORG>
Subject:   Re: SASDATEFMT in PROC SQL
Comments:   To: "SUBSCRIBE SAS-L Joe H. Smith" <peesari.mahesh@GMAIL.COM>

Your question isn't clear to me. And the documentation for the SASDATEFMT data set option isn't clear either. I think you'll have to experiment. That's much faster than waiting for an answer from SAS-L. What happens if you code "coderun=date9." instead of "coderun=dtdate9."?

And why do you have two different personal names, "peesari.mahesh" and "joe h smith"?

On Wed, 6 May 2009 08:45:49 -0400, "SUBSCRIBE SAS-L Joe H. Smith" <peesari.mahesh@GMAIL.COM> said: > Hi all , > > Here is my code: > data work.TEMP; > /* ProcessingDate_D=date()*86400;*/ > ProcessingDate_D=datetime(); > > JobName_V='Job1'; > /* Startdate_D=input("&SYSDATE9",) DATETIME22.3;*/ > /* EndDate_D=datetime();*/ > /* format ProcessingDate_D dtdate9.;*/ > format ProcessingDate_D dtdate9.; > run; > proc sql noerrorstop; > INSERT INTO DBVYM.etltestjob (sasdatefmt=(CodeRun=dtdate9.)) > (Job,CodeRun ) > SELECT JobName_V,ProcessingDate_D FROM work.TEMP ; > quit; > > my requirement is i have to populate table in oracle from SAS dataset,But > there is a date field(ProcessingDate_D) in my SAS dataset,where while > populating, is using the entire datetime value,if i check the data set > in > oracle defined library it is stored as entire datetime value but not as > only date,I have tried to use sasdatefmt option but still cant suceed,can > you please help me how i have to use sasdatefmt ,so that only date value > gets populated and not the entire datetime value. > > Thanks in Advance.

-- Jack Hamilton Sacramento, California jfh@alumni.stanford.org <== Use this, not jfh @ stanfordalumni.org