Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2009, week 2)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Thu, 14 May 2009 14:11:47 -0400
Sender:   "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:   Gerhard Hellriegel <gerhard.hellriegel@T-ONLINE.DE>
Subject:   Re: Grap variable if condition one row down is met

you must provide much more about that: on what OS you are working? What are you trying to do exactly (program). Is that a tape dataset or on disk? What means "grab a tape"? What do you want to delete? What is the condition? Where is that text =" RECORDS MARKED AS DELETED"? Is that a content of any variable? A SAS variable?

Perhaps you could provide a example like:

I have a dataset with that contents

row1 ...... row2 ...... row3 ......

in row 2 is the text 'bla bla' and a VolSer 0815. In that case there should be a tape-mount and that tape 0815 should be deleted (scratched).

I am on a zOS mainframe and I'm sure that my SAS session is allowed to mount tapes and scratch them.

I tried that with the following program:

The Log message was ... ( not only 2 lines without any context - I assume that WAS a log message? But where is ERROR: .... WARNING: .... , the tape- mount message, the libname / filename for the tape mount, ...?

Gerhard