Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2009, week 2)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 14 May 2009 13:24:30 -0700
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         EVANTRA <EDMOND.VANBEBBER@DTS.CA.GOV>
Subject:      Re: Grap variable if condition one row down is met
Comments: To: sas-l@uga.edu

On May 14, 11:11 am, gerhard.hellrie...@T-ONLINE.DE (Gerhard Hellriegel) wrote: > you must provide much more about that: > on what OS you are working? What are you trying to do exactly (program). > Is that a tape dataset or on disk? What means "grab a tape"? What do you > want to delete? What is the condition? Where is that text =" RECORDS > MARKED AS DELETED"? Is that a content of any variable? A SAS variable? > > Perhaps you could provide a example like: > > I have a dataset with that contents > > row1 ...... > row2 ...... > row3 ...... > > in row 2 is the text 'bla bla' and a VolSer 0815. In that case there > should be a tape-mount and that tape 0815 should be deleted (scratched). > > I am on a zOS mainframe and I'm sure that my SAS session is allowed to > mount tapes and scratch them. > > I tried that with the following program: > > ..... > ..... > > The Log message was ... ( not only 2 lines without any context - I assume > that WAS a log message? But where is ERROR: .... WARNING: .... , the tape- > mount message, the libname / filename for the tape mount, ...? > > Gerhard > > On Thu, 14 May 2009 10:51:44 -0700, EVANTRA <EDMOND.VANBEB...@DTS.CA.GOV> > wrote: > > > > >I'm trying to grab a tape(102247) if one row down =" RECORDS MARKED AS > >DELETED". I'm somewhat of a SAS newbie but it looks like a Retain > >might be the way to go but have never used it. Any ideas? Thanks in > >advance. > > >102247 UNABLE TO DELETE, MUST BE SCRATCH STATUS > > 1 RECORDS MARKED AS DELETED - TEST MODE ONLY- Hide quoted text - > > - Show quoted text -

Thanks for the help Gerald, I will try to give more details.

We are running a TMS report that generates a disk dataset with a list of tapes and their status. I need to extract only the tapes out of the report that are marked "1 RECORDS MARKED AS DELETED". The problem I'm having is that this message is not on the same row as the corresponding tape so how do I pull the tape number one row up when the variable = "1 RECORDS MARKED AS DELETED"? How this helps and makes sense. Thanks

Row1 102247 UNABLE TO DELETE, MUST BE SCRATCH STATUS Row2 1 RECORDS MARKED AS DELETED - TEST MODE ONLY

Row3 102401 UNABLE TO DELETE, MUST BE SCRATCH STATUS Row4 0 RECORDS MARKED AS DELETED - TEST MODE ONLY