Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2009, week 2)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 8 May 2009 18:16:18 -0400
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Sigurd Hermansen <HERMANS1@WESTAT.COM>
Subject:      Re: split sample dataset into several folds for cross validation
              in SAS
Comments: To: Gary <fuguoyi@GMAIL.COM>

Have you tried the SAMPSIZE option instead of SAMPRATE? You could compute that and save it to a SAS Macro variable. S

-----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Gary Sent: Friday, May 08, 2009 8:37 AM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Re: split sample dataset into several folds for cross validation in SAS

Thanks for the reply. I tried, and I can divide the sample into 10 folds, but the problem is that in each folder there is different percentage of response. In my case, sample is 36000, and the total response is 240. After I split into 10 folds, one fold could have 38 response and the other one could have only 18. I tried surveyselect as suggested by David Cassell, but still have the same problem.

%let K=10; %let rate=%sysevalf((&K-1)/&K); proc surveyselect data=sampledata out=xv seed=1234567 samprate=&RATE outall rep=&K; strata response ; run;

Any suggestion?