Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2009, week 4)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 27 May 2009 12:49:42 -0400
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Mike Zdeb <msz03@ALBANY.EDU>
Subject:      Re: Annotate? Place Hotels onto existing county map?

hi ... .. try the following

in the annotate data set creation, create a variable named HTML that can be used to add a pop-up tag and/or a link to another web page by the way, I used a TITLE tag and not an ALT tag since the ALT tags do not work in Firefox

you could also try stuff like ...

html = catt('TITLE="LOCALITY:',city,'0d'x,'POPULATION:',put(pop,comma10. -l),'"');

where the hex character adds a line break ... but again, Firefox does not recognize it while IE does

ps ... lots of this is in a neat book (shameless self-promotion) ... http://www.sas.com/apps/pubscat/bookdetails.jsp?pc=57495

and there is some material about the HTML link in ... http://www.albany.edu/~msz03/251-29.pdf

which is a "corrected" version of ... http://www2.sas.com/proceedings/sugi29/251-29.pdf

* extract New York State cities from maps.uscity data set ; data nys; set maps.uscity (keep=state lat long pop city); where state eq 36 and pop ge 50000; * convert locations from degrees to radians; x = long * constant('pi') / 180; y = lat * constant('pi') / 180; drop state lat long; run;

* combine New York county map with city locations ; data map_nys; set maps.counties (where=(state eq 36 and density lt 6)) nys; run;

* project the map + cities ; proc gproject data=map_nys out=proj asis; id county; run;

* create an annotate data set out of the projected city coordinates size and color of marker a function of 2000 population ; data anno; retain xsys ysys '2' hsys '3' style 'marker' color 'red' text 'V' size 2; set proj; where county is missing; html = catt('TITLE="',city,':',put(pop,comma10.),'"'); run;

* reset/set graphic options ; goptions reset=all device=png ftext='calibri' gunit=pct xpixels=1024 ypixels=768;

pattern v=e c=blue;

* draw a map ;

ods listing close; ods html path='z:\' (url=none) file='nysmap.html';

title1 h=5 'NEW YORK STATE LOCALITIES WITH 50,000+ POPULATION' ls=2; title2 h=3 '(PLACE CURSOR ON STAR TO SEE LOCALITY NAME AND POPULATION)';

proc gmap map=proj (where=(county is not missing)) data=proj (obs=1) all; id county; choro county / discrete coutline=blue nolegend annotate=anno des=''; run; quit;

ods html close; ods listing;

-- Mike Zdeb U@Albany School of Public Health One University Place Rensselaer, New York 12144-3456 P/518-402-6479 F/630-604-1475