Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2009)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 24 Jun 2009 10:39:10 -0700
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Arthur Burke <burkea@nwrel.org>
Subject:      Re: SPSS Bivariate Correlations using Pearsons LIMITED?

This is certainly an interesting software capacity question. Even more interesting is what you will do to control the more than 22 million Type I errors that you can expect from this design. Art ------------------------------------------------------------------

Art Burke Northwest Regional Educational Laboratory 101 SW Main St, Suite 500 Portland, OR 97204-3213

Phone: 503-275-9592 / 800-547-6339

Fax: 503-275-0450

burkea@nwrel.org

From: spobster [mailto:rmspaapen@HOTMAIL.COM] Sent: Wednesday, June 24, 2009 9:15 AM To: SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: SPSS Bivariate Correlations using Pearsons LIMITED?

I have a question that is similar to one that you answered on a forum (nabble link <http://www.nabble.com/Bivariate-Correlation-Variable-Limit-td18004400.h tml> ). Therefore I sincerely hope that someone can help me with my question too. I need to do large bivariate Pearson correlation calculations (30000 variables, 79 cases, fully filled table). Do you think this is doable? I am a complete SPSS noob, so if you get back to me with a syntax code or file, could you please explain me in detail what I should change in this (filename, or row numbers etc.) before running? Thanks already so much! spobster

View this message in context: SPSS Bivariate Correlations using Pearsons LIMITED? <http://www.nabble.com/SPSS-Bivariate-Correlations-using-Pearsons-LIMITE D--tp24187648p24187648.html> Sent from the SPSSX Discussion mailing list archive <http://www.nabble.com/SPSSX-Discussion-f15527.html> at Nabble.com.

[text/html]