Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2009)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 26 Jun 2009 16:40:16 +0200
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Marta García-Granero <mgarciagranero@gmail.com>
Subject:      Re: Selecting a case when there are mulitple entries/case

Hi Alison:

If you really want to delete the unwanted cases, use:

SELECT IF ANY(EVENT,2,4,6). EXE.

HTH, Marta GG

Alison America wrote: > I have data with multiple entries per case. I have a variable EVENT that > has various numeric values. For each case, I want to keep the case that > has EVENT= 2 or 4 or 6 but delete all other cases that do not have any one > of those values. > > Can anyone suggest syntax that will do this for me? > > >

-- For miscellaneous SPSS related statistical stuff, visit: http://gjyp.nl/marta/