Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2009)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 1 Jun 2009 17:35:55 -0400
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Richard Ristow <wrristow@mindspring.com>
Subject:      Re: matching data files
Comments: To: Paul McGeoghan <mcgeoghan@CARDIFF.AC.UK>
Comments: cc: Gene Maguin <emaguin@buffalo.edu>,
          djhurio <martins.liberts@gmail.com>

At 02:17 PM 6/1/2009, Gene Maguin wrote:

>I'm just pretty sure that this problem has come up before

The problem of matching a key to a range does come up from time to time, most commonly where the keys are dates. I've posted on it, but I can't find where, now.

I think djhurio's approach is essentially the right one, including addressing the question of building a sortable form of the IP addresses. Have you got it to work, or do you still have questions?