Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2009, week 3)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Sun, 19 Jul 2009 12:50:35 -0500
Sender:   "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:   OR Stats <stats112@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:   PROC SUMMARY

Hello:

I would like to do a PROC SUMMARY for the means and size of the group membership of my data. The problem is that each record can belong to more than one group. And I would like to calculate the summary statistics for the groups in a non-exclusive way.

Group membership is currently captured across binary columns of my data.

record_id A B C D y 1 1 0 0 0 # 2 0 1 0 0 # 3 1 1 1 1 #

Group is therefore A, B, C, or D. In the output summary table, I would have summarized y by groups A, B, C, and D.And I would like to get the summary statistic for y by Group, where A includes records 1, 2 and 3; B is just 2 and 3; C is just record 3; and D is also just record 3.

Can I do this in one PROC SUMMARY datastep? Or do I need an intermittent dataset to reorganize my table above?

Thank you!!