Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2009, week 3)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 16 Jul 2009 16:24:41 -0700
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Savian <savian.net@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: OT: SketchFlow
Comments: To: sas-l@uga.edu

On Jul 16, 4:36 pm, joewhitehu...@GMAIL.COM (Joe Whitehurst) wrote: > Thanks Alan, very good to know. In light of a recent SAS-L discussion about > automatically generating a flow chart of a SAS application, I think folks > also ought to know about new capabilities in SAS/DI in 9.2--graphical > depictions of program flow and performance metrics for each step. > > > > On Thu, Jul 16, 2009 at 2:05 PM, Savian <savian....@gmail.com> wrote: > > For those folks who do AF or web work with SAS, this is for you. MS > > has just released a free tool that helps with visual design work. It > > is called SketchFlow: > > >http://www.microsoft.com/silverlight/seethelight/ > > > Click on the video link under the video kitchen icon. The first part > > is cheesy so you can skip that but take a look at the demo of > > SketchFlow. Great way to mock up what you want to see from a process > > flow and show it to people before development. > > > Savian- Hide quoted text - > > - Show quoted text -

SketchFlow is a cool way to mock up what needs to be done. That could apply to a lot of projects and not just UI stuff.

Good quick overview:

http://www.microsoft.com/expression/products/Sketchflow_Overview.aspx

They built this for Silverlight and doing UI mockups but I don't see why it can't be used for any brainstorming flow. Whatever, it is very cool and I really like how it draws things like they were done with a pencil to show that it is conceptual.

Alan