Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2009, week 3)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 15 Jul 2009 11:49:18 -0400
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         "Fehd, Ronald J. (CDC/CCHIS/NCPHI)" <rjf2@CDC.GOV>
Subject:      Re: A Program searching for its Roots

http://www.sascommunity.org/wiki/Get_Name_of_Program

> I'd like to know two things.

Describe the entity: "a program".

> 1. Can a program that is running determine what it is named?

reframe: > 1. Can a program communicate its name?

yes, e.g.: Title2 'MyProgram';

> 2. Can a program that is running determine whether it is running from > itself or is being called by another program?

that depends on 1. how smart the programmer is and 2. where you want the information.

in my work I differentiate my log notes with integer suffixes which indicate level the program identification:

%Put Note1: module MyModule ending; %Put Note2: routine MyRoutine ending; %Put Note3: subroutine MySubroutine ending;

Ron Fehd the module/routine/subroutine maven CDC Atlanta GA USA RJF2 at cdc dot gov