Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2009 16:13:51 -0400
Sender: Graduate School <GRAD-SCHOOL@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From: The Graduate School <grad-sch@UGA.EDU>
Subject: Deadlines for December Graduation
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Dear Graduate Students,
This email account does not accept replies; please contact email@example.com if you have questions after reading this message. This listserv goes to all graduate students at UGA (we regret that we cannot separate a specific population). If you plan to graduate on FRIDAY, December 18, it is IMPORTANT THAT YOU READ THIS ENTIRE MESSAGE.
Please make your family and friends aware that December graduation is on Friday, December 18, 2009, at 2:30 p.m. in Stegeman Coliseum. Students participating in the ceremony must check in by 1:30 p.m. Please check the Graduate School web site after October 1st for more specific information as to assembly times and locations: http://www.uga.edu/gradschool/academics/graduation.html.
Friday, August 28, is the deadline for the following forms for December graduation candidates (please note that these deadlines are posted on our web site for three semesters in advance):
1. ALL DEGREES: Application for Graduation. If you can access a UGA campus computer, submit the form electronically at http://www.gradsch.uga.edu:5080/forms/newgradms.htm
If you are not able to access a UGA computer, email firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your full name, last four of SS#, degree, major and planned graduation date.
FORMS in #2, #3, #4 and #5 below must be completed (typed), printed, signed by student (as appropriate) and required faculty members, and submitted by mail or hand delivered to The Graduate School, 320 E. Clayton St., Suite 400, Athens, GA 30602-4401 by the deadline listed. These forms can be accessed at http://www.uga.edu/gradschool/forms&publications/currentstudent_forms.html
2. ALL MASTERS AND EDUCATION SPECIALIST CANDIDATES: Program of study forms for all master's and education specialist candidates - due August 28;
3. MASTER OF ARTS AND MASTER OF SCIENCE CANDIDATES WRITING A THESIS: Advisory committee forms for thesis-writing M.A. and M.S. candidates - due August 28;
4. DOCTORAL CANDIDATES: Advisory committee and program of study forms must be on file two weeks prior to oral preliminary comprehensive exams for doctoral candidates who plan to graduate on December 18.
5. DOCTORAL CANDIDATES: Applications for Admission to candidacy for doctoral students who plan to graduate in December - due Thursday, October 1.
You must be registered for 10 hours for fall semester if you are a doctoral student who was admitted to candidacy after June 12, 2009, and you plan to graduate fall semester. Advisory committee and program of study forms must be on file with the Graduate School prior to admission to candidacy.
ALL CANDIDATES: Please check deadlines on the website at http://www.uga.edu/gradschool/academics/deadlines.html for other dates (thesis/dissertation format check and final submission, resolution of incomplete grades, transfer credit) to meet specific degree requirements for graduation this semester.
Please contact email@example.com if you have questions or if you wish to change your graduation date to a future semester.
Congratulations on your impending graduation!
The Graduate School
The University of Georgia
320 E. Clayton Street, Suite 400
Athens, GA 30602-4401
This message was sent by staff in the UGA Graduate School to all active graduate students. This is for official communication only. This listserv does not accept replies. Please contact the person identified in the message if you have questions.