Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2009, week 1)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 7 Aug 2009 06:39:40 -0700
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         asia <Asia.Magiera@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      rearranging data
Comments: To: sas-l@uga.edu

Hello everyone,

I have a large data set in this layout:

ID Var1 Var2 Var3 Var4 Var5 Var6 1 11 22 b 44 55 c 2 12 23 a 6 53 d

Var1 and Var4, Var2 and Var5, Var3 and Var6 are the same variables, they have different labels because of the layout. I need to change the data set into something like this:

ID Var1 Var2 Var3 1 11 22 b 1 44 55 c 2 12 23 a 2 6 53 d

I have over 1000 columns: ID followed by 23 variables, numeric, characters and dates. Is there easy way of rearranging my data?

Thanks, Jo