Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2009, week 1)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 7 Aug 2009 07:11:27 -0700
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Pinux <xflotmas@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Z/OS and Unix Differences
Comments: To: sas-l@uga.edu

Hello everybody!

I noticed a different behaviour of the same proc sql depending on the platform (Unix and Z/OS) on which I run it.

Let's assume I have a dataset like this: year X 1999 1 2000 2 2001 3 2002 4 2003 5 2004 6

I want to get all of the observations of variable X except for the one referring to year 2003. The proc sql is like this:

proc sql; create table tab1 as select year, X from tab0 where year between 1999 and 2004 and year ne 2003; quit;

When I run the proc on Z/OS I get what I would expect while when I run the proc on Unix, I just get the observations until 2002. How is this possible? Am I missing something? Thanks,

Pinux