Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2009, week 2)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Thu, 13 Aug 2009 11:43:16 -0500
Sender:   "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:   "Data _null_;" <iebupdte@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:   Re: A question on Call execute
Comments:   To: Dirk Van Krunckelsven <dirk.vk@gmail.com>

I would switch to %INC.

You are writing a large about of code to be executed which I consider more suited to %INC than CALL EXECUTE. You should have no problem INCing thousands of lines of code that seem to cause problems for CALL EXECUTE.

On 8/13/09, Dirk Van Krunckelsven <dirk.vk@gmail.com> wrote: > Thanks Roland, > > That's what I was suspecting as well... Anyone any clue as to what exactly > the limit is? > > There's not just the yukky log, there's also an error at some point, which > is odd, because it works nicely on the other rows for the dataset I have. > It even errors on a row that worked earlier that has the same variable, > format combination that is relevant to this little sql thing I am doing > here. > > Oddly enough, after the error, the log printout of the call execute > generated code is back to being "nice". > > I seem to be obliged to split my dataset and go through the call execute > code a couple of times. It's uggly: retrieving Nobs from the controller > and then read in the controler using firstobs and obs, and creating an > adjusted equivqlent of _N_'s for counting where I am... but seems to work. > > Very strange because earlier, for the same thing I create a humongous proc > sql with cases for various things on an even bigger dataset and that works > nicely... Well... > > Dirk >