Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2009, week 2)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Thu, 13 Aug 2009 10:19:10 -0700
Sender:   "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:   "Terjeson, Mark" <Mterjeson@RUSSELL.COM>
Subject:   Re: Extracting a variable
Comments:   To: msiddu2000 <msiddu2000@GMAIL.COM>

Hi,

I'm guessing these variables are varying length? We wouldn't be so lucky as to have fixed length fields would we?

Mark

-----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of msiddu2000 Sent: Thursday, August 13, 2009 9:18 AM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Extracting a variable

How can I extract 80th variable in a flat file (space is the dlm) which contain 100 variables without knowing the variable name?