Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2009, week 2)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Thu, 13 Aug 2009 10:09:24 -0700
Sender:   "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:   Amy <amyzyj92@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:   Re: conditional cumulative sum
Comments:   To: sas-l@uga.edu

sorry, I think I did not make it clear enough.

the only data in the file is the variable called a, data under b variable is the result I want to get use some programming. thanks.

On Aug 13, 12:03 pm, nathaniel.wood...@DOM.COM (Nathaniel Wooding) wrote: > Amy > > Take a look at the following > > data test; > input a b; > cards; > 1 1 > 0 0 > 0 0 > 1 1 > 1 2 > 0 0 > 0 0 > 0 0 > 1 1 > 1 2 > 1 3 > > ; > run; > Data test; > set test; > if a ne 0 then newb + 1;* this does a cumulative sum; > else newb = 0; > run; > proc print; > run; > > Nat Wooding > > > > -----Original Message----- > From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SA...@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Amy > Sent: Thursday, August 13, 2009 11:56 AM > To: SA...@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU > Subject: conditional cumulative sum > > hey, > > my data is look like this: > > a b > 1 1 > 0 0 > 0 0 > 1 1 > 1 2 > 0 0 > 0 0 > 0 0 > 1 1 > 1 2 > 1 3 > a is the original number, and b is the cumulative sum when a is not 0. > > can anyone help me to figure this out? > > thank you! > CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This electronic message contains > information which may be legally confidential and or privileged and > does not in any case represent a firm ENERGY COMMODITY bid or offer > relating thereto which binds the sender without an additional > express written confirmation to that effect. The information is > intended solely for the individual or entity named above and access > by anyone else is unauthorized. If you are not the intended > recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the > contents of this information is prohibited and may be unlawful. If > you have received this electronic transmission in error, please > reply immediately to the sender that you have received the message > in error, and delete it. Thank you.- Hide quoted text - > > - Show quoted text -