Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2009, week 3)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 20 Aug 2009 09:53:35 -0400
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Suresh Ramanathan <ramanathansuresh@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      shortest distance algorithm

Hello SAS Users,

I am looking for an efficient way to find the closest dealer location for every customer in our db. We have a customer table (37 mil unique customers) and a dealer table (5000 unique dealers). Customer table has the latitude & the longitude of the customer location in decimal degrees and the Dealer table has the latitude & the longitude of the dealer location in decimal degrees I was able to get the formula for calculating the distance between two points based on lat & long from wiki. Is there a way other than using the brute force to get the shortest dealer location for every customer. Please share your thoughts.

Thanks Suresh