Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2009)Back to main GABO-L pageJoin or leave GABO-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 10 Sep 2009 14:04:26 -0400
Sender:       Georgia Birders Online <GABO-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         David Hollie <featherbrain1223@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Empid and other yard birds - Catoosa Co.

Been having a few good birds the past 3 days. I've been meaning to post, so I'll just combine the highlights from the past 3 days in this post. 9/8/09 FOS Philadelphia Vireo, the earliest I've had (previous early FOS was 9/13/07). I had at least 1, maybe 2 individuals

9/9/09 Had the most warblers I've had this fall (8 species, still quite low). In one flock I had the best views I've ever had at a female Golden-winged Warbler (for some reason I seem to always get males). In that same flock was a male Blue-winged Warbler that seemed to be traveling with the female Golden-wing, do I see a Brewster's Warbler looming in the future? Also had a couple Veery.

9/10/09 Very slow day as far as warblers (several Magnolia with a few redstarts and B&Ws), but had an interesting *Empidonax* Flycatcher. I only heard it call once, and it wasn't any Empid call that I was familiar with. It was not as sharp (emphatic) as a Least or Acadian, the best I can describe it in a word is "*fwueet"*. The bird was very active making it really hard to observe. I probably saw it for 10-15 seconds before it flew off. I managed to snap off 2 very low quality pictures of the birds front. They are not sharp at all (I had a shutter of 1/30 of a second) but I have posted here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/featherbrain1223/<http://www.flickr.com/photos/featherbrain1223/?saved=1> <http://www.flickr.com/photos/featherbrain1223/?saved=1>Any comments are really appreciated!

Good Birding! --

David Hollie Ringgold, GA Catoosa Co. http://www.flickr.com/photos/featherbrain1223/