Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2009, week 4)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 22 Sep 2009 13:42:18 -0700
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Miki <miki.rao@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Running SAS
Comments: To: sas-l@uga.edu

Hi,

I have a unique situation. I am trying to run my SAS programs on a server (A) which does not have SAS installed. So I wrote a script which does an ssh to a server (B) which has sas and runs my programs remotely. Now, I want to go one step ahead and develop my programs in A using xemacs. I am not an xemacs pro but I was wondering if anyone has used another program to invoke sas instead of calling the sas.exe which is the default. sshsas is the script that I want to use instead of the default sas.exe used by xemacs. These are some of the options I tried on init.el

(setq-default inferior-SAS-program-name "sshsas") (setq-default inferior-S+6-program-name "/sshsas")

I also looked at the buffer-local option in the ESS manual. I am not sure how I need to utilize that, but this is what I finally wrote at the end of my SAS program based on my understanding.

data survey; input id sex $ age inc r1 r2 r3 ; datalines; 1 F 35 17 7 2 . 17 M 50 14 5 5 3 13 F 45 6 7 2 7 ;

proc print; run;

endsas; Local variables: ess-sas-submit-command: "sshsas" End:

Thanks in advance