Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2009, week 4)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Tue, 22 Sep 2009 15:37:54 -0400
Sender:   "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:   Kristen Smith <kgurba@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:   macro help

Hi all, I am kindof new to SAS macros, and had a question about how to run a macro ovre and over, based on my macro variable.

As a simple example, say this was my macro:

%macro one; data &med.; set medicationlist; where drugname="&med."; run;

%mend

So, say I want to run this macro for 50 different drugs, which each have a unique drugname. Do I have to use a %let statement 50 times? My drug names are just drug1 drug2, etc. to drug50.

Thanks for any help you can give!