Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2009, week 5)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Wed, 30 Sep 2009 14:39:54 -0400
Sender:   "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:   Stephen Dybas <skd02@HEALTH.STATE.NY.US>
Subject:   Need help setting cell background color using ODS tagsets.ExcelXP

Hello SAS-L subscribers,

I am looking for help with a traffic lighting issue that I can't seem to resolve.

I am using a style attribute that is incorrect for the XML file I am trying to create. What I want to do is change the background color of a cell, using a format, when the value in the cell is within certain ranges.

Proc format; value traffic low-<100='Green' 100-<250='Yellow' 250-high='Black'; run;

The variable I am focusing my attention is HIGH_COST.

ods tagsets.ExcelXP path="c:\temp" file="dmatchtest.xml";

PROC PRINT data=dmatch.sort_analysis; TITLE2"Sorted by COST1 - COST4";

VAR Recip_Name___First VS_Recip_Name___First Recip_Name___Last VS_Recip_Name___Last Recip_SSN VS_Recip_SSN Recip_DOB VS_Recip_DOB COST_First COST_Last COST_SSN COST_DOB;

VAR HIGH_COST / style(column)={background=traffic.};

RUN;

ods tagsets.excelxp close;

The XML file is created, however, it will not open in Excel 2003 because of the incorrect style element.

A log file shows:

XML ERROR in Style REASON: Bad Value File: C:\temp\dmatch.xml GROUP: Style TAG: Interior ATTRIB: Color Value: 'Black'

An entry exists for 'Yellow' and 'Black' as well.

I am looking for any help in learning the correct way to assign the background color to a cell using tagsets.ExceXP and Proc Format.

Thanks,

Steve