Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2009)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Thu, 8 Oct 2009 06:58:19 -0700
Sender:   "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:   SR Millis <srmillis@yahoo.com>
Subject:   Re: MANOVA with small sample size and unequal ns

Check out Tabachnick & Fidell (Using Multivariate Statistics): In short, it is necessary to have more cases than DVs in every cell. In addition, power is reduced unless there are more cases than DVs in every cell because of reduced df for error.

Scott Millis ~~~~~~~~~~~ "Kunst ist schön, macht aber viel Arbeit."

Scott R Millis, PhD, ABPP (CN,CL,RP), CStat, CSci Professor & Director of Research Dept of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation Dept of Emergency Medicine Wayne State University School of Medicine 261 Mack Blvd Detroit, MI 48201 Email: smillis@med.wayne.edu Tel: 313-993-8085 Fax: 313-966-7682