Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2009)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Mon, 26 Oct 2009 21:18:51 -0400
Sender:   "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:   "Zdaniuk, Bozena" <bozena@pitt.edu>
Subject:   Re: saving file - path not showing

THANKS!

________________________________________ From: ViAnn Beadle [vab88011@gmail.com] Sent: Monday, October 26, 2009 9:03 PM To: Zdaniuk, Bozena; SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: RE: saving file - path not showing

Check the File Locations tab in Edit>Options. It provides an option to default to the last folder used, so if you open a file from that folder, edit and then do Save As, it will open that folder. I'm not sure what happens if you have multiple files open from different folders but you can easily test that.

-----Original Message----- From: SPSSX(r) Discussion [mailto:SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Zdaniuk, Bozena Sent: Monday, October 26, 2009 6:21 PM To: SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: saving file - path not showing

hello, everybody. Apologies if topic already discussed (couldn't find anything in the archives). I have this annoying feature in my SPSS 17 (all current patches) that I would like to change. When I have any spss file open and I click "save as" instead of showing me the path where the file sits, it shows me "My Documents". Can I somehow change is so that "Save as" opens the folder in which this file actually resides? (as was the case in version 15 and all previous ones) Thanks a lot. bozena