Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2009)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 2 Oct 2009 11:09:14 -0400
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Tim Pickles <PicklesTE@CARDIFF.AC.UK>
Subject:      Weighted SDs in Aggregate Command

Hi,

I am currently working on a geographical dental survey in which weights are used for different regions/areas to counter the differing populations. I therefore want to apply the relevant weight to the raw data and then aggregate the data to give means, SDs, etc... of a number of different variables. Unfortunately, the SD is often not generated for certain variables in certain areas so, for example, 17 out of 22 areas have a SD for age and the other 5 are just missing. Just to test, I took the weighting off and rand the syntax again and all the SDs were generated (though they were obviously meaningless) suggesting that applying the weighting causes the problem.

Any ideas how I can resolve this problem?

Cheers, Tim.