Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2009)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 30 Oct 2009 15:29:23 -0700
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Mike Pritchard <5circles@gmail.com>
Subject:      Compare databases

Is there a (relatively) easy way to compare SPSS files?

I am trying to correct a problem that has crept in where at least one variable has got messed up. I need to figure out how far back in the versions I need to go, and whether I can simply replace that variable with the original from the Excel file that was downloaded from the survey tool. If I can't just replace the variable in a later version of the SPSS file there is probably quite a bit more work to recode again, and - more important - checking / redoing coding from open-ends.

I'm doing spot checks right now, but it would be great to find a way to test the integrity of multiple variables.

Thanks Mike