Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2009)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Thu, 1 Oct 2009 09:45:33 -0700
Sender:   "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:   "Pirritano, Matthew" <MPirritano@ochca.com>
Subject:   Issue Exporting to Excel or Access

All,

I've identified an issue in exporting to excel or access. I very often restructure data from cases to variables. This results in variables such as var.1, var.2 etc. The '.' doesn't work for excel or access because it has a special meaning for them. Unless I'm missing something it would seem that SPSS/PAWS should include an option in restructuring, or perhaps a default, to use the '_' underscore instead of the '.'.

My2cents,

matt

Matthew Pirritano, Ph.D. Research Analyst IV Medical Services Initiative (MSI) Orange County Health Care Agency (714) 568-5648