Date:         Fri, 2 Oct 2009 08:16:39 -0700
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Walter Roper <Roperw@UISALUMNI.ORG>
Subject:      SAS 9.2 Reinstall

SAS Install Guru's

I had a "problem" with my Toshiba Satellite Laptop and had to reinstall from restore from "recover CD's" SAS 9.2 had to also go back on. I set the system time back to April of this year to make sure it would "install" because it was a must-have. There is a big feud between use of "R" vs. SAS. Some want to back out of SAS's very expensive licensing.

I knew some people back at Pfizer but touch issues about that "setinit" file as everyone knows.

Can I set it to the "current date" (after the install I did) after it has installed correctly (yea) or if I more the date to current will that cause issues I don't want to deal with??????

Walter Earl Roper University of Illinois