Date:         Fri, 2 Oct 2009 14:34:14 -0400
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Mike Zdeb <msz03@ALBANY.EDU>
Subject:      Re: OT:is there place to download sas datasets ??

hi ... as Joe said, there are a lot of sample data sets supplied with SAS

this site has been mentioned on the list before (under SAS Resources for Statistics Education)

http://support.sas.com/learn/statlibrary/statlib_eg4.1/top_data.htm

though it appears under the guise of "Enterprise Guide", a data set is a data set and you can play with those

to go along with that data, this is also worthwhile ...

http://support.sas.com/learn/statlibrary/statlib_eg4.1/top_exer1.htm

once again, you'll see "Enterprise Guide", but in the exercises you are given an option to "display the code for this analysis" and SAS code is SAS code

one more place ... SAS Press and SAS Documentation Example Code and Data

http://support.sas.com/documentation/onlinedoc/code.samples.html

this site lists all the books with example SAS code that you can download and most (all?) of that code is accompanied by data embedded id data steps, noy as external files

and last ... the web site

http://www.albany.edu/~msz03/epi514.html

has notes, examples, exercises, data used in exercises, etc. plus links to SAS-related sites many of which have more of the same <yadda yadda yadda>

-- Mike Zdeb U@Albany School of Public Health One University Place Rensselaer, New York 12144-3456 P/518-402-6479 F/630-604-1475