Date:         Fri, 2 Oct 2009 13:43:31 -0700
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Tom Abernathy <tom.abernathy@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      system option GENERIC/NOGENERIC
Comments: To: sas-l@uga.edu

Does anyone know what the option GENERIC does?

SAS showed me that I can use OPTION GENERIC to turn off these warning messages:

NOTE: Data file TEST.ONE.DATA is in a format that is native to another host, or the file encoding does not match the session encoding. Cross Environment Data Access will be used, which might require additional CPU resources and might reduce performance.

But I cannot find any documentation on this option. I wonder if it will impact of things besides these warning messages.

- Tom Abernathy