Date:         Mon, 5 Oct 2009 16:40:34 +0800
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Murphy Choy <goladin@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Help in Segmentation
Comments: To: kriste looner <kriste.looner@googlemail.com>

Hi Kriste,

Welcome to the world of SAS programming and I wish you all the best in getting a job from SAS.

Segmentation, from my experience, has 2 forms. The first form is as Daniel mentioned is the technical or judgmental form and the other being the statistical form. The first form is based on the experience of the marketer who understand the market very well and has been using certain information dimensions to cut up and segment the data. This calls for a lot of experience and requires subject expertise to perform well. Statistical form usually takes the form of cluster analysis which try to group observations together based on some of the characteristics of the population. Typically, cluster analysis is used to group observations together while the decision tree is then used to identify the separating variables.

Marketing is a very broad term. I am not sure what needs to be explained here except for the 4 P marketing mix model.

CRM or customer relation management (Hopefully no credit risk management) is the area where the business has to manage its relations to the client and maintaining a amiable relation so that the client will be more loyal to the company (I might be wrong here).

Hope this helps.

On Sat, Oct 3, 2009 at 5:40 AM, kriste looner <kriste.looner@googlemail.com>wrote:

> Hi everyone, > I have little knowledge about SAS,recently i have finished uni and iam > trying for work in SAS. > Can any one please explain me about Segmentation,marketing and CRM,it > will be great helpful if it's explain with an example. > Thank you in advance. > Good day. >

-- Regards, Murphy Choy

Certified Advanced Programmer for SAS V9 Certified Basic Programmer for SAS V9 DataShaping Certified SAS Professional