Date:         Mon, 5 Oct 2009 08:34:57 -0700
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         "Terjeson, Mark" <Mterjeson@RUSSELL.COM>
Subject:      Re: adjusting dates
Comments: To: E Joas <erikjoas@GMAIL.COM>

Hi Erik,

There are several approaches. One way is the MDY() function.

year = 2005; fulldate = mdy(1,1,year); format fulldate yymmdd10.;

Hope this is helpful.

Mark Terjeson Investment Business Intelligence Investment Management & Research Russell Investments 253-439-2367

Russell Global Leaders in Multi-Manager Investing

-----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of E Joas Sent: Monday, October 05, 2009 12:57 AM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: adjusting dates

Hello, I have a problem with dates in SAS.

I have a variable that gives the date of an event in years (yyyy) now I want that to be transformed into a full date (yyyymmdd), all the observations would be given the date XXXX0101.

How do I do that?

thanks for the help Erik Joas