Date:         Tue, 6 Oct 2009 11:42:10 -0700
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         elodie <elodie.gillain@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: contingency table test question
Comments: To: sas-l@uga.edu

On Oct 6, 2:36 pm, elodie <elodie.gill...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi everyone, > > I have a 2*2 contingency table. > > I would like to test whether proportion_in_row1_col1 > =proportion_in_row2_col1. > > How do I go about doing that? I have read the manual of proc freq and > I am not finding much that I think can be relevant. > > Thanks in advance for the help.

I am guessing that I am in a situation where I restrict the analysis to only one column, so it is a not a two way table anymore, but rather a one-way table.

Still, I am not sure I can specify the test of equality of proportion in proc freq.