Date:         Wed, 7 Oct 2009 08:16:59 -0700
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         PC <shipeichang@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      simulation data
Comments: To: sas-l@uga.edu

Any one knows how to generate a variable, which has a nonsignificant coefficent in the simulation data? for example, age has a nonsignificant coefficent 2.0 in the model sleep time, gender is signficant. I can use the equation: sleep_time= gender*30 to get a significant coeffient, but I don't know how to generate the age. What I got is either age is nonsignificant but not with2.0, or age is with 2.0 , but is significant.