Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2009, week 2)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Thu, 8 Oct 2009 18:27:37 -0500
Sender:   "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:   Kevin Myers <kmyers1@CLEARWIRE.NET>
Subject:   Set Environment Variable Value from SAS

I need to set the value of an existing system environment variable from within SAS under Windows. This value needs to be set in the SAS copy of the environment, NOT in the copy of the environment for a child process, and not in the environment of the process that started SAS. So simply executing an operating system SET command won't work. The environment that needs to be accessed is the same copy of the environment from which %SYSGET() and the SYSGET() data step function obtain their values. But I need to go the other way, with something that might be thought of as %SYSPUT or SYSPUT(), except that those functions don't appear to exist.

I could swear that I have done this in the past, but I can't remember how, and I haven't been able to come up with anything by looking through the docs or searching the web.

Anyone out there know how to accomplish this?

Thanks, Kevin M.