Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2009, week 2)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 14 Oct 2009 05:21:23 -0700
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Manik <manik.behera@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Update Metadata of tables to reflect the changes done to them in
              the database
Comments: To: sas-l@uga.edu

Hi,

Scenario: There are some tables in an Oracle database which had been imported into a library in SMC through the "register tables" wizard. These tables were subsequently altered in the Oracle database e.g. new columns added to the tables, etc. The table metadata of these tables needs to be updated. This will bring them in sync with the Oracle database.

Action: When we are trying to do it by the update metadata option (by doing a right click on the tables in SMC) I am getting the following error: "ERROR: Failed to retrieve login credential from the authentication domain."

Please let me know if there is any specific option that I am missing out because of which I am getting this error.

Note: Using the same credentials I am able to import new tables in SMC.

Regards, Manik