Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2009, week 3)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 19 Oct 2009 14:11:43 -0700
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Mary <mlhoward@AVALON.NET>
Subject:      Re: Proc Import Excel 2007 with SAS 9.2
Comments: To: "Hoskins, Richard E. (DOH)" <Richard.Hoskins@DOH.WA.GOV>

Richard,

I think using the tagset is the best you can do; Proc Export has never been very good at holding the formats of variables and I'm not sure if 9.2 can handle more than 256 columns. Ask if you need help with setting a style. These will be a little slow with reading in .xml so you want to save as .xlxs once you get it into Excel 2007 before you send to your clients.

Also the most recent version of the Excel Tagset is on the SAS site.

-Mary

From: "Hoskins, Richard E. (DOH)" <Richard.Hoskins@DOH.WA.GOV> To: <mlhoward@avalon.net> Subject: RE: Proc Import Excel 2007 with SAS 9.2 Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2009 13:50:48 -0700

Thanks a lot - not what I was asking in this note, but something I definitely needed. I just tried the tagset info you sent. Not quite there but I am getting it.

I meant export not import. Sorry for the confusion.

I wanted to be able to export to Excel 2007 because my dataset has 400 columns and often more than 64000 rows. I definitely do not do anything serious in my analyses with data stored this way but sometimes I have to distribute data this way because of limitations of my "customers".

I can't find anything that says SAS 9.2 will export to Excel 2007.

Thanks again for your reply. Definitely useful.

________________________ Forward or reply from: Dick Hoskins EMS/Trauma WA DOH, Olympia (360) 236-2873 richard.hoskins@doh.wa.gov _________________________

-----Original Message----- From: Mary [mailto:mlhoward@avalon.net] Sent: Monday, October 19, 2009 12:41 PM To: Hoskins, Richard E. (DOH) Cc: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Re: Proc Import Excel 2007 with SAS 9.2

Richard,

You are saying Proc Import on the subject line but asking how to export? I would recommend Excel Tagsets; since it will preserve your formatting (you can create your own styles if you wish for fonts and font size):

ods listing close; ods tagsets.excelxp file='c:\temp\out.xml' style=minimal

options(default_column_width='20,20,10,10,10,10,10,10,10,10,10,10,10,10, 10' sheet_label=' ' autofit_height="yes" ORIENTATION = 'landscape' center_horizontal = 'yes' center_vertical = 'yes' PRINT_FOOTER = "run 10/2/2009"); ods tagsets.excelxp options(sheet_name="Sheet1" default_column_width='20,20,10,10,10,10,10,10,10,10,10,10,10,10,10');

proc report...

ods tagsets.excelxp options(sheet_name="Sheet2" default_column_width='20,20,10,10,10,10,10,10,10,10,10,10,10,10,10');

proc report...

ods tagsets.excelxp close; ods listing;

From: "Hoskins, Richard E. (DOH)" <Richard.Hoskins@DOH.WA.GOV> To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Proc Import Excel 2007 with SAS 9.2 Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2009 11:24:05 -0700

How can one export a SAS file to Excel 2007? Essentially unlimited columns and rows unlike previous Excel versions.

R Hoskins WA State DOH