Previous (more recent) messageNext (less recent) messagePrevious (more recent) in topicNext (less recent) in topicPrevious (more recent) by same authorNext (less recent) by same authorPrevious page (October 2009, week 3)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Wed, 14 Oct 2009 22:07:14 -0700
Sender:   "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:   Manik <manik.behera@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:   Re: Update Metadata of tables to reflect the changes done to them in the database
Comments:   To: sas-l@uga.edu

On Oct 14, 5:21 pm, Manik <manik.beh...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi, > > Scenario: > There are some tables in an Oracle database which had been imported > into a library in SMC through the "register tables" wizard. These > tables were subsequently altered in the Oracle database e.g. new > columns added to the tables, etc. The table metadata of these tables > needs to be updated. This will bring them in sync with the Oracle > database. > > Action: When we are trying to do it by the update metadata option (by > doing a right click on the tables in SMC) I am getting the following > error: "ERROR: Failed to retrieve login credential from the > authentication domain." > > Please let me know if there is any specific option that I am missing > out because of which I am getting this error. > > Note: Using the same credentials I am able to import new tables in > SMC. > > Regards, > Manik

Hi,

Please note that I am able to update the metadata of tables present int SAS but not in Oracle.

Regards, Manik