Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2009, week 4)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Tue, 27 Oct 2009 22:26:13 -0700
Sender:   "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:   Savian <savian.net@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:   Re: SAS AF application is not supported in SAS EG?
Comments:   To: sas-l@uga.edu

On Oct 27, 4:44 pm, UKR <nlk...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hello, > I have several applications written on SAS AF, which are used within > SAS Windows environment on local machines. Now my company is switching > to SAS Enterprise Guide environment on server machine and SAS AF is > not supported within it. I need to move the applications somewhere > where they still could be used as before, probably using SAS at > backend and using something else as user interface like VB or some > kind of WEB technology to display GIU in web browser. I would like to > know what others are using having the same problems no AF anymore. > Which alternatives does SAS institute provide to substitute previously > written SAS AF applications within SAS EG environment? (I guess > none). If someone can refer me to a topic or provide with helpful > reference to some publications, your help will be greatly > appreciated.

You can create EG Add-Ins using .NET and can easily consume SAS data using a number of technologies. If I was trying to target the web, I would use Silverlight and get the SAS data using oleDB.

Alan http://www.savian.net