Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2009, week 4)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 21 Oct 2009 18:56:58 -0700
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Savian <savian.net@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: OT: Excel 2010
Comments: To: sas-l@uga.edu

On Oct 19, 12:38 pm, r...@CDC.GOV ("Fehd, Ronald J. (CDC/CCHIS/ NCPHI)") wrote: > > From: An Excel Irregular > > Sent: Monday, October 19, 2009 2:20 PM > > Subject: Excel 2010 > > > I'm on vacation at the sharepoint conference. I thought you > > sas guys might want to know..... > > Excel 2010 will be available in 64 bit and handle over 100 > > million rows. > > Hm, I think the SAS/IML team might have already passed that mile- > or kilometer-stone. > > > Lots of good stuff to come > > see the comments on this page > > http://www.microsoft.com/video/en/us/details/d025b8ed-721a-47bf-8b3a-b10 > 4ffd31527 > > Ron Fehd the pls disable your Excel macro maven CDC Atlanta GA USA > RJF2 at cdc dot gov

Love the sparklines. I'll take the extra rows as well but they have to make it easier on the COM interface to deal with programmatically. Fortunately, C# 4.0 helps out in that area if I could only use it at my current client. COM interop has a major speed issue.

Next machine will be 64-bit with SSDs to test out this cool stuff.

The comments were really useless, IMO.

Alan