Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2009, week 4)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Fri, 23 Oct 2009 10:32:24 +0200
Sender:   "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:   Ace <b.rogers@IFRANCE.COM>
Subject:   Re: Problem with Inobs
Comments:   To: sas-l@uga.edu

On Thu, 22 Oct 2009 18:44:26 -0700 (PDT), Andre <andre.dalet@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Oct 21, 10:22 am, Andre <andre.da...@gmail.com> wrote: >> Hi all, >> >> I've been happily using "Proc SQL Inobs= nnn;" forever but yesterday >> it suddenly refused to play. >> Whenever I run any code with "inobs" in it, it crashes, returning a >> log msg; >> "ERROR: sqxsort: unrecognized action 99. SAVE.BASEDATA (alias= >> 4.70552E-284" [AD: Where "99" equals the number of Obs I've >> specified.] >> >> There's two additional clues/oddities that may help. >> >> 1. Inobs will run when nnn is set to "max". >> 2. No-one else in the area is experiencing the problem. >> >> I've been raking through the Groups but found nothing. >> Does anyone have any ideas? >> >> Andre > >Keeping it alive. > >Anyone?

You don't give nearly enough information. to even try and trace this one would need to know the size and other characteristics of the input data step, including how it was created, if it has indexes, is it actually a view, as well as the exact code you've used to read it, plus any additional information that may be relevant.

With this sort of error though, I'd suggest going to SAS technical support as the first line of action.