Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2009, week 2)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 14 Nov 2009 09:31:50 -0500
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Wensui Liu <liuwensui@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Enterprise Miner - Is it worth the Premium?
Comments: To: SUBSCRIBE SAS-L Olivier Van Parys <olivier.vanparys@gmail.com>

Fancy GUI for eminer is good but not very useful. I always use codes in eminer. one nice thing about eminer is that in many procedures, it provides the function to automatically generate scoring code for you, which is very handy and not available in stat. however, you can always use sas base to create scoring code by yourself. it just takes a little more efforts and time. from my view, for daily modeling work in direct marketing / risk modeling, sas/stat is sufficient.

On Wed, Nov 4, 2009 at 6:57 AM, SUBSCRIBE SAS-L Olivier Van Parys <olivier.vanparys@gmail.com> wrote: > Dear SaS Users, I have been using regularly SAS Stat for modelling Purposes > (Logistic and Missing values Replacement Through Regressions). This Package > has always served me well. Lately I have been trying SaS Miner - and while the > GUI is intutive I am not convinced why I would pay such high premium for the > Entreprise miner License - But Perhaps I am missing something ? Is EM targeted > to a different audience - is it just a fancy repackaging of SAS Analytics Pro > ? Also How does it compare in terms of Performance - I get the Feeling the > Fancy GUI might Slows things down ? Would love to hear your views and > experiences? >

-- ============================== WenSui Liu Blog : statcompute.spaces.live.com Tough Times Never Last. But Tough People Do. - Robert Schuller ==============================